Tips to Make the Most of Your Wedding Dance Lessons – Orange County
March 15, 2019 by Jennelle Wax
Filed Under: Blog, Dance Styles, Dancing Tips, Wedding Dance
Here are some of the most important tips for all couples to make the most out of your wedding dance lessons!
- Have in mind a few options for your first dance song. We suggest you consider plan A, B, or C for song choices, because once you jump to the dance floor maybe option B or C looks, feels and fits better for both of you.
- Make sure the lyrics of your song are meaningful to both of you.
- Decide if you want a complete choreographed dance or you maybe want to learn a few dance moves and improvise on your own the rest of the song.
- Be open and flexible to ideas from your private dance instructor. We provide some of the top dance lessons in Orange County, CA. Our dance instructors love what they do, and they know what fits best for your current skill level. Let them guide you.
- We suggest you start your dancing lessons 2 or 6 months prior to the big day so that you have enough time to practice and sharpen all the moves to make sure you are ready to light up the dance floor on the wedding day!
- Depending on your availability we recommend you book at least one class per week to keep building momentum, and as well outside of the studio your homework will be to practice minimum one day on your own to make sure that when you show up for your next lesson, you both have absorbed the previous dance moves, and you make the best out of every dance class.
- Remind yourself to be in a playful and relaxed state of being to have fun and enjoy every single moment of the training and preparation along with your special partner, under this state of being, relaxed and playful, you will be able to absorb all the moves in a quicker way.
- Dancing is a beautiful intimate experience, we love to see couples connecting deeper and enjoying the opportunity of doing an activity together.
We would love to get you in for a first consultation. With the new student special, your first private lesson is only $20. On the introductory lesson, you’ll learn some basic dance steps (or more advanced if you have prior experience,) be evaluated on your strengths and weaknesses in a fun, non-stressful way, and given recommendations on additional lessons.